This Rosary Card is a thoughtful gift to commemorate a special occasion in someone's life - perfect for a child, friend, or family member receiving the Sacrament of Baptism. Featuring a shell, which is an ancient symbol of baptism, surrounded by a Rosary, it's a perfect way to offer your prayers and support for the person receiving the Sacrament.
The watercolor image on the front of the card is of a Rosary held up by a ribbon which says, "you have put on Christ in Him you have been baptized." These words are often sung at the conclusion of the baptismal rite. A shell with 3 water drops featured in the center of the card is the traditional symbol of baptism. The three drops of water symbolize the Holy Trinity into which a Christian is baptized.
The inside artwork features the bible verse from Matthew 5:14, "You are the light of the world" with a baptismal candle, which "lit from the Easter candle, signifies that Christ has enlightened the neophyte. In him the baptized are 'the light of the world.'" [CCC, 1243]
About the Card:
- Front of Card: Original watercolor artwork featuring a Rosary held up by a ribbon, a dove symbolizing the Holy Spirit, and a shell with 3 drops of water representing the Holy Trinity.
- Inside left of card: Baptismal candle with the verse Matthew 5:14:
"You are the light of the world."
- Inside right of card: space for writing your name and the date you prayed the Rosary
- Back of card: information about the Rosary, including its history
- 5.5" x 4.25" folded card
- Thick cardstock paper
- Includes premium white envelope